I’ve set a goal of doing a little bit of work on the car every day, so I can get back into the swing of working on it. Yesterday I spent a couple hours in the morning working on more sheetmetal work.
Its been quite a long time since I posted, and a very long time since I actually managed to get any work done on the car. Its been a long two months, but today I got things moved around in the garage and started to set back up for working on the car.
Yes, I know. Its been almost two months since I posted any updates.
Well, I haven’t done much on the car. Dealing with the bathroom took a few weeks (and really still isn’t finished). I’ve been busy with Christmas-related stuff most of December. Partway through the month I decided to start working on the car, at least as best I could, but we’ve gotten three feet of snow in the last three weeks and I need to be able to roll the car out of the garage to move the buck back where it originally was.
We’re finally getting some melting, so I’m hoping to be able to move things around next week. If not, the next thing I’ll be doing is pulling off the sheetmetal and painting it in the garage. I’ve got room to do that at the moment and it seems a good use of time right now.
More updates soon!
Finally got some progress made this weekend. Unfortunately in all this weekend definitely earns the title of “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”.
Why? Click into the post to see… Continue reading The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Its been a while since I’ve had much time to work on the car. My parents visited last weekend, and I was out of town in Seattle most of the week. I did finally get some time to work on the car yesterday and today.
The goal had originally been to get the brake lines finished up front and rear, but I decided to focus on getting the front of the car buttoned up instead. For a description and photos what I did, read the rest of this post.
Its been a busy few days so I haven’t had much time since getting the tires mounted to work on the car. I did take a few minutes last night to double check that (finally) the in-dash brake lines I’ve bought are the right length now, and I tossed (in a “wow this wheel and tire is really freakin’ heavy” kind of way) one of the rear wheels on the car to see how it fit.
My parents are visiting this weekend, so I’m guessing it’ll be the following weekend before I have more time to work on the car. By then my 37 degree flaring tool should be here and I can hopefully finish the brakes. Read the rest of this post to see photos of the brake lines and the wheel on the car.
I picked up the tires today and got them mounted on the wheels. Between that, the workday last Sunday and the work I got done yesterday, its been a pretty productive week so far.
I’ve been making an effort to get really back into the swing of things. That has meant getting remaining parts ordered, as well as trying to do a bit of work whenever I can. Today was a good work day, although not real long at only a few hours. I still got a pretty good bit of work done.
Summer is finally over. Its still unseasonably warm out, but in a comfortable way. It was definitely time to open up the garage and get back to working on the Cobra.
Yes, I know. Its been six weeks since I’ve posted an update, something a good number of people have been pointing out to me. So here’s an update.
Continue reading Mid-Summer Update